Thursday, September 10, 2009

Health Care Speech--initial thoughts

A couple of initial thoughts:

1. Good for him calling the death panel lie exactly what it is.

2. I was glad to see him hold onto the public option. We'll see how long that lasts, but it's safe to say he needs pressure.

3. Anyone want to call Republican thug Joe Wilson to tell him he should resign after disrespecting the President, the Congress, and the American people? His number is (202) 225-2452.

4. I'm concerned about his signal that he might be willing to cave in to the insurance companies on tort "reform". Hint: just because it's change doesn't mean it's reform, especially when the point of that change is to protect wealthy insurance companies from having to compensate horribly injured victims of medical malpractice.

5. On tort liability. Why isn't anyone but me calling defensive medicine what it is:
the unethical prescribing of unnecessary medical procedures and the fraudulent billing of insurance carriers and the government?

6. Does anyone get what the hell these "insurance exchanges" are?
What are your thoughts?

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura Wilson said...

Jack, I have a number of thoughts, which I'll get to later...
For now, though, I'll say that I thought it was fantastic, out-of-this world, that Joe Wilson did that. Keep it up, Joe! Show the world the truth--that you Republicans are basically goons, thugs and neanderthals. Of course, I'll call and tell him to resign as the petition requests, but man, oh man, I hope the GOPers keep it up--it's great for us!

September 10, 2009 8:01 AM  
Blogger Jack McCullough said...

True colors!

September 10, 2009 9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home